The objectives of this planning and design studio course are to:
- Increase awareness of creating harmony between human settlement system in rural area and the natural systems of land, water and energy.
- Increase awareness for creating sustainability through integration of energy and natural resources as a part of rural reconstruction strategy both at the building and settlements level;
- Introduce a range of planning and design tools to achieve sustainable energy and natural resources in planning, design and construction of rural buildings and settlements;
- apply knowledge and experience of previous years courses for collection, analysis and synthesis of necessary data for design and planning of sustainable rural buildings and settlement;
- foster ability to adapt strategies and action tools developed for energy integrated sustainable urban houses and towns for application to rural buildings and settlements .
- foster ability to work as a team to develop rural reconstruction solutions for advocacy at community level.